As you are all very aware with the Coronavirus spreading throughout the world, the panic for pandemic grows with it. This is obviously a very traumatic time for majority of the world and we’re still trying to work out what is the best thing to do for everyones health.
The world has gone on near lockdown…even Walt Disney World is closed (still finding this hard to believe). Yesterday my place of work made the decision to close for the safety of all our Cast Members and guests. At this point we don’t know how long we’ll be closed for so as it stands I am off work for the imminent future. I know what you’re all thinking…lots of time to live like a hobo and watch Netflix! Although I absolutely want to do nothing but watch Netflix and play Sims 4 I am going to try and use my time as wisely as I can to not feel like I’m in isolation from the rest of the world. So, I am going to share with you all all the things you can do in this pandemic to stay busy and not spend all day watching reality TV no matter how badly you want to.
- Do an online class: I always get adverts for free classes online and who knows if they’re legit but I know I have the time to waste to find out.
- Wash your make-up brushes: Maybe the worst task of all time? I honestly avoid it at all costs but it’s super important to keep your brushes clean to in turn keep your face clean.
- Exercise: Since 2020 I’ve been attempting to workout twice a week, now I’m over 2 months in and I’ve upped it to three times a week. It’s super easy to just hop on the sofa and not exercise but it’s a good way to keep your body moving even when you can’t leave the house.
- Do yoga: If you’re not crazy into hardcore exercising yoga is a great way to just get up out of bed and stretch your body out. I’m probably going to aim to do yoga every day either in the morning or before I get in bed.
- Update your CV: I always tell myself I’m going to update my CV so whenever I want to apply for another job it’s ready, but I never seem to have the time. But, now I have what feels like unlimited time off so it’s the perfect time to update my CV without the pressure of a job application looming over me.
- Do some spring cleaning: The government is literally urging you to stay clean so ideal time to do so, plus, who doesn’t love a spring clean!
- Read a book (or multiple): I feel like I never have the time to indulge in some light reading (when it’s Winter I tend to want to watch movies instead of reading in the garden like in the Summer) so I’m going to read as much as I can.
- Learn a language: Ok this one is a bit far stretched but you get the gist. Maybe at least download Duolingo so the intention is there?
- Be arty farty: If you’re an artist of any kind spend your time extending your skills in perhaps painting, making music or even just scrapbooking. It’s a great way to concentrate and distract yourself whilst also being creative at the same time!
- Indulge in hobbies you don’t always have time for: It’s obviously no surprise that I thoroughly enjoy social media and filming videos for YouTube so now is the perfect time to film as much as I can!
- Wash your face religiously: My skin has not been the best recently and I found it really difficult to get into a routine of washing my face. But now being at home I can literally do a different face mask every day.
- Organise your wardrobe: I feel like I am constantly buying new clothes but I never seem to get rid of the old stuff (I’m a secret hoarder). Ultimately this then means my wardrobe is constantly OVERFLOWING so maybe getting rid of a few items wouldn’t hurt.
- Watch some Netflix: Ok I know this whole post is about things you can do instead of watching Netflix, but Disney+ launches in t-minus 7 DAYS guys. I can’t avoid it for that long…
- Make a to-do list: I’ve been making a to do list every day so I can spread out my activities throughout the week(s). I’m not sure how long I’m going to be off work so at some point I am going to run out of things to do, so I’m trying to make a ideal balance between the days so I don’t feel at my wits end.
Remember to all stay safe and wash your hands! Come say hi over on Instagram: @elliebrowne