It is no secret that I have been lucky enough to visit Walt Disney World a substantial amount of times. With my upcoming trip this week I figured it would only be appropriate to share with you a Disney themed blog post. Not only do I love Disney, but I absolutely love the thrill of rollercoasters, so I have compiled a list of my favourite Walt Disney World attractions for you from over the years.
- Aerosmith’s Rock’N’Rollercoaster: I love everything about this ride from the adrenaline rush to the awesome music. My favourite bit without a doubt has to be the start when you go from 0-60mph in less than 10 seconds!
- The Seven Dwarves Mine Train: Sadly, I have only ever ridden on the Mine Train once but from that one experience it is without a doubt one of my favourites. I love the theming and the ride itself reminds me of Big Thunder Mountain – too much fun!
- Test Track: I love how brutal this awesome ride is. No matter how many times I ride it I always seem to forget how insanely quick it actually goes.
- Space Mountain: Space Mountain reminds me very much of the Rock’N’Rollercoaster but with a completely different theming. I adore everything from the build-up to the ride itself.
- Big Thunder Mountain: Big Thunder is easily one of the best rides in Walt Disney World. I surprise myself every time how scared I actually am to chuck my hands in the air and instead opt to hold on to the rails for dear life.
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends: Okay this one doesn’t exactly fit with the rest of my other favourites but I just absolutely adore this ride. I think the song at the end ‘Big Blue World’ makes me shed a tear every single time. The cuteness is just too much to handle.
- Dinosaur: I went on this ride for the first time last year and I think I laughed/screamed the entire time. It was so terrifying and hilarious that I can’t wait to ride it again.
- Star Tours: If you are a Star Wars fan this ride is a must when visiting WDW. When I went on it last year I nearly cried because I realised it had been updated with my favourite…BB-8!
- Haunted Mansion: My Wednesday Addams side of me of course loves this spooky ride. Nothing makes me happier than when there’s a short queue and the Cast Members stay in character.
- Splash Mountain: To be brutally honest I am not the biggest fan of Splash Mountain because I don’t enjoy rides that have huge drops. I remember one year (I must have been about 10) I was so scared to go on this ride that I pretended I had a migraine so we missed our Fast Pass slot…Regardless of the Splash Mountain illness I acquired, the memories and fun I have had on this ride with my family is one of the reasons its in my top 10.
What’s your favourite Disney attraction? Let me know in the comments! Make sure you follow my Instagram (@elliebrowne) to keep up with my Florida adventure that starts this weekend.