Every time I visit the US I love spending a ridiculous amount of money on things that I don’t really need but feel like I have to buy because I never know when I will be back. Consequently, this usually results in a heavy suitcase and an empty purse.
One of the biggest things I love indulging in in the US is beauty products! Luckily, with the help of the awesome app ‘Influenster’ this year I managed to be prepared with which products I wanted to buy before I even got to America! One of my favourite stores in the US is ‘Walgreens’ because I get so many good deals on drug store make-up. A few years back I picked up the points card and I cannot recommend it enough!
- Elf Hydrating Face Primer: I have been wanting to try a new primer for a while and this is the one ‘Influenster’ suggested. I’ve used it a couple of times and so far I’ve been enjoying it.
- Sephora Eye Make-up Remover: I also have a Sephora points card which I only use a couple of times in a year. But, it does mean that I get free birthday gifts and make-up samples. This trip I had enough points to get two free samples so I picked the Sephora‘s own brand eye make-up remover and the mascara.
- Sephora Collection Lashcraft Big Volume Mascara: I have tried this one already and it is absolutely amazing. I love having long and thick lashes that look relatively natural and this product gives me exactly that! Thank you Sephora!
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara: This mascara is easily one of my most-used mascaras I’ve ever owned. Because the one I owned was a bit well loved and we can’t get this mascara in the UK I picked up a double pack to keep the mascara love flowing until my next trip.
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick: I absolutely adore the other shade of lipsticks from this range so I had to pick up another shade to add to my collection.
- Elf Illuminating Mist and Set: Recently I have been working long and sweaty days at work and my make-up was not agreeing with me. That’s when I realised a setting spray would come in handy. This one was pretty cheap and I figured it would help me get to grips with using one before splashing out on a high end one such as the Urban Decay setting spray.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Balm: The Burt’s Bees Peppermint lip balm is my ultimate favourite lip balm of all time! It’s quite expensive here in the UK so whenever I go to the US I have to buy a multipack so I’m all stocked up.
- Pixi Glow Tonic: I have seen so many good reviews about this product I just knew I had to pick it up in Target when I saw it for cheaper than in the UK? Not entirely sure how this is possible considering that its London based, but nonetheless so far I am loving it.
- Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette: I’m pretty sure every make-up loving person on this planet has been counting down the days to the Naked HEAT release. One day on my trip I was wandering round Sephora when my mum discovered the palette…on the shelf…available to buy…before the UK!? Of course I went crazy and had to pick one up and try it out that night! I can confirm it does not disappoint and I absolutely adore it, definitely going to be my palette of the year…or actually, my entire life.
- Wet’n’Wild MegaGlo Highlighter: I have never used highlighter in my life but I really wanted to give it a try after seeing other bloggers/youtubers rocking it. I only wanted a cheap drug store product so I knew that if I didn’t get along with it I could just chuck it away. After consulting ‘Influenster’ I discovered this Wet’n’Wild highlighter was one of the best. I still haven’t tried it but am excited to learn how to use this beautiful shade.
- Wet’n’Wild Liquid Catsuit Lipstick: I had never seen these lipsticks before but when I ventured into Walgreens they were on offer for only $3 so I of course picked a couple up to try.
- Elf Eyebrow Brush: My current eyebrow brush was falling to pieces and I’ve heard good things about Elf’s brushes. To my delight, the brush was only $1 – so was a total no brainer!
- Burt’s Bees Lipstick: I actually already owned one of these but it oddly dried out one day…But I loved it so much I just had to replace it.